Titles which are selected for the U.P. Notable Book must first be submitted to the committee at U.P. Book Review.
If your book has been published in the past three calendar years since the copyright date, we invite you to submit your book for review. For example, in 2023 we will consider books with copyright dates of 2021, 2022, and 2023. To be eligible for U.P. Notable Books award, we must receive printed copies.
All reading levels are of interest: Adult, Young Adult, Children’s lit
Books which are gauged to have “U.P. interest” will have the highest priority according to how many of the scoring criteria that they fill:
- Subject matter concerns the U.P.
- Categories: memoir, biography, history, fiction, romance, genre fiction, humor, poetry, photo books, graphic novels, winter sports, hunting/fishing/tourism,
- Ethnographic stories about immigrants, indigenous peoples, yooper culture, and Scandinavian culture are encouraged
- Author is living in / was born in / lived several years in — the U.P.
Send TWO copies of printed books to:
U.P. Book Review
5145 Pontiac Trail
Ann Arbor, Mi 48105
Kindle eBook files can be emailed to victor@LHPress.com
- All books and materials submitted remain the property of U.P. Book Review to be disposed of in any way.
- There are no fees to participate and submission of a book does not guarantee a review. If a book is selected, it will be reviewed within 90 days of receipt.
- Reviews will be posted on UPBookReview.com and at the reviewer’s discretion may also be posted on Amazon, GoodReads, and LibraryThing. Books that are selected for the annual UP Notable Books list will also be posted on UPNotable.com.
- Twelve books per year will be featured in The Marquette Monthly. Ninety days after publication in The Marquette Monthly, those reviews can be posted on UPBookReview.com
For more information: contact victor@LHPress.com